Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Fucking Boss

Ben Metcalf:

Before I attempt to fill these pages with my disgust, which the odd reader who knows me will surely expect, I am obliged to address a preliminary concern, which that same odd reader may safely ignore. Some time has passed since I last raised my voice to the multitude, and whereas literary taste does not seem to have advanced much in the interim, and I assume is still arrayed so as to engage only the weak-minded and dull, I find that I am no longer able to discern with any accuracy where the bounds of simple human decency lie. This would bother me even less than does the taste issue were it not for the fact that ground gained or lost in the theater of decency tends now and then to affect the law, and it has long been a personal goal of mine to avoid capture and imprisonment.

I am therefore led to wonder what the common citizen is allowed to “say” anymore, in print or otherwise, and still feel reasonably sure that some indignant team of G-men, or else a pair of gung-ho local screws, will not drag him away to a detention center, there to act out, with the detainee as a prop, that familiar scene in which one hero cop or another is patriotically unable to resist certain outbursts against the detainee and what were once imagined to be the detainee's constitutional rights. Because I am loath to violate whatever fresh new mores the people have agreed upon, or have been told they agree upon, and because I do not care to have my ass kicked repeatedly in a holding cell while I beg to see a lawyer, I almost hesitate to ask the following question. I will ask it, though, out of what used to be called simple human decency:

Am I allowed to write that I would like to hunt down George W. Bush, the president of the United States, and kill him with my bare hands?

Read on!

3 Mewling Pricks

At 7:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous ejaculated...

'Quelle courage"!

No, really, that Ben Metcalf, what a brave man. I only managed about a third of his impassioned report on the cruelty and inhumanity of the American government before I started to tremble and shake, er, with laughter that is. I assumed he had fled in terror to one of those 'peace 'n' love 'n' democracy' places like Cuba, or North Korea, or China but no, apparently he still survives in 'AmeriKKKa'. I suppose it must be the local resistance movement providing him with help and succour. A real Soljenitsin 'de nos jours' - BRAVO!

 
At 4:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous ejaculated...

Damn, Duff, you NAILED him! I'm tired of these liberal jerks who think they have the right to criticise their government while they're still living there. It's like all those dummies who didn't leave New Orleans. They just hung around and waited for the rain to come, and then they blamed Bush because he didn't come in fast enough to save them when they were trapped, and then their house is all gone and dog drowned and they want the government to pay, but they just said the government was all cruel. Man, that's how it is, and I'm glad you're setting the record straight.

 
At 8:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous ejaculated...

You've left England then, David?

Where have you gone, out of interest?

 

Post a Comment

<< Back to Reception